Thursday, July 02, 2009

Why I'm Not Making Progress??~ 3 Steps to Motivate in Action!!!

"...Sometimes I'm asking to myself why I still at this stage while others are beyond ahead from me. Is what I have done just like treading water?? Or I'm not going forward but going backwards?? I try to look into it and I've found this article may help me to change of my self- motivation level..."
Step 1: Decide How Your End Result Will Look and Commit to Achieve It
You have to see your end result clearly. It is just as difficult to get to a place you can’t see, as it is to come back from a place you’ve never been. When I ran track as a child, they told us to never look to the left or to the right, but always stay focused on the finish line. You must see the port in the harbor to which you are headed. Additionally, you must commit to the vision of what you want to achieve. You must draw a line in the sand and confess that you’re sick and tired of being sick and tired, before you will be able to go forward. Nothing really happens until you get angry; nothing happens until you are tired of the pain.
Step 2: Simplify Your Life
When the lion tamer goes into the lion cage, he brings a pistol, a whip and a chair. The chair is said to be the most efficient at controlling the beast. Why is this? When the bottom of the chair is pointed in the direction of the lion, the lion becomes unsure as to which leg to focus on, and begins to stagnate. Don’t be like the lion with so many things to focus on that you can never make any progress. Determine the critical steps needed for your success, and create the habit of performing only those steps everyday. You must have laser focus; you can’t stroll to a goal. Step 3: Act Now
Last, but never least, is to get into action today, because tomorrow never comes. When you get into what you are calling tomorrow, you will rename it today. Decide what your end result will be today, determine the critical steps needed to achieve it, and start performing those activities right now

No comments: